Dust off your old research papers and consider presenting at some of the area’s upcoming conferences. No paper? Miss the deadline? No worries. Swing by, learn something new, and engage in the conversations.
- The McNeil Center for Early American Studies hosts paper workshops many Friday afternoons each month. From Dr. Martinko: “MCEAS brings in scholars from various disciplines and career stages; attendees should read the pre-circulated paper in advance. I attend workshops when my schedule allows, and I’m always happy to have interested graduate students join me.” See the fall schedule for more information.
- Conference: Oct. 9-11, Association of Historians of American Art Annual Symposium. Program and registration.
- Conference: Oct. 9-12, The Urban History Association. Program and registration.
- Conference: Oct. 24-25, Economic History’s Many Muses (Program in Early American Economy and Society). Program and free registration.
- Conference: Nov. 6-8, Pennsylvania Historical Association Annual Meeting. Program.
- Conference: Nov. 14-15, “Survivor Objects,” Center for Material Culture Studies, University of Delaware. Program and registration.
Big thanks to Dr. Martinko for compiling the majority of this list. Aware of another conference we don’t have listed? Comment and let us know the details.